Tennessee Real Estate License Requirements
Affiliate Broker Applicants
The initial real estate license in Tennessee is called an Affiliate Broker license. Requirements include:
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- 60 hours of Prelicensing fundamentals (CLI: Prelicense A + B)
- Pass the Tennessee State Exam
- Complete 30 hour Course for New Affiliates
- License affiliated with a Real Estate Broker
Over the past 27+ years, CLI has trained thousands of people to obtain their real estate license. You may choose day, weekend or evening classes
Affiliate Broker Continuing Education
All Affiliate Broker licensees must complete 16 hours of approved continuing education every two years to renew their license.
The 6-hour Core Course is required. The remaining 10 hours can be any approved elective courses.
CLI offers the Core Course and a wide selection of Continuing Education Courses by home study to meet these requirements.
All Broker candidates must have:
- Successfully completed 120 hours of approved education including 30 hours of Real Estate Office Management
- 36 months of active license experience (24 months if licensed as an affiliate broker before May, 1988)
- Complete the Broker Examination Application
- Pass the Tennessee Broker Exam
Broker Post-Licensing Requirements
Brokers licensed after January 1, 2001: Complete 120 additional hours of approved education within three years of the broker license.
Brokers licensed after January 1, 2005: The above 120 additional hours and after three years, must complete the 16-hour continuing education requirement every two years thereafter.
Call Today for Free Information
Want more information?
Please fill out the following form to contact us (*required fields).
Click here to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about getting a real estate license.
“Thanks! I learned a lot and passed my exam on the first try. I’ll be seeing you again for continuing education.”
Celebrating 26 years of excellence!